Focaccia Veggie Burger
August 16, 2013 § Leave a comment
Burgers are the perfect summer time bbq food and for a vegetarian, they can get boring fast. There’s something about biting into a large bun and pattie with condiment juices running down your hand that hits the spot. Most bbq’s focus on marinated meats which leaves the vegetarian a bit left out.
I like to keep my burgers exciting by changing up the bun and condiments. I picked up some focaccia bread by Bread Affair at the farmers market on the weekend. I used that as the bun and added a delicious red onion relish by A Jar Preserves. It instantly transformed my regular veggie burger into a gourmet one. You can experiment with different breads and wraps. Try being creative with the toppings and add dips like humus or guacamole.
Cooking time 10 minutes
1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
heirloom tomato sliced
A Jar Preserves red onion relish
1. Heat a saucepan on medium heat and cook the burger according to the instructions.
2. Add mayo both sides of the focaccia
3. Add the lettuce and then tomato to top bun.
4. Add a small squirt of ketchup to the bottom bun.
5. Place the burger on the bottom bun and add some red onion relish.