Chanterelle Mushrooms with Quinoa and Tofu
November 14, 2012 § Leave a comment
A friend of mine went mushroom picking in Pemberton, just north of Whistler, and brought me back a bag of beautiful chanterelles. They are so rich in flavour, that I wanted to make a dish that would focus on the delicate nature of these mushrooms. I decided to simply saute the chanterelles and serve them on a bed of quinoa which made a nice light meal.
Cooking time 25 minutes
1 tbsp (15 ml) + 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
1 large shallot chopped
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) chopped chanterelle mushrooms
1/2 tsp (3 ml) salt
1/2 block of tofu cut in half
1-2 cups (250-500 ml) cooked quinoa
1. Heat a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the shallots and cook for a 1-2 minutes until golden.
2. Add the mushrooms and saute until they soften about 5 minutes. Add the salt, stir and turn off.
3. In a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and tofu.
4. Cook the tofu until golden, flip and cook the other side.
5. Place a bed of quinoa on a plate, add the tofu and top with the sautéed chanterelle.