Broccolini and Red Pepper Quinoa Pilaf
February 9, 2012 § Leave a comment
When I am working from home and want a quick and warm lunch, my quinoa pilaf is my favorite go to dish. This dish is fast and very easy to make. The ingredients that I use in this recipe make this meal very satisfying and keeps your stomach tied down until dinner. The combination that I use is my personal favorite but you can use any left over veggies that are lying around in your fridge. This recipe is written for one person because my kids are not as crazy about quinoa like I am. For two people or left overs, just double this recipe.
Cooking time 15 minutes
Makes 1 large serving
1 tsp (5 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped red onion
1 clove crushed garlic
handful broccolini florets
1/2 red pepper diced
1 tbsp (15 ml) roughly chopped walnuts
1 tsp (5 ml) raisins
1/4 tsp (1 ml) tumeric
1/4 tsp (1 ml) sea salt
1 cup (250 ml) cooked quinoa
1. Heat a medium-sized pan on medium heat and add the olive oil.
2. Saute the garlic for about 30 seconds and add the onions and saute.
3. Add the broccolini and red pepper and saute for 3-5 minutes or until the broccolini softens.
4. Add the walnuts, raisins, tumeric and salt, stir and cook for about a minute.
5. Lastly add the quinoa and cook for a few more minutes.